NDSU Extension Needs Your Help!
The FCW Extension Agent (Family and Community Wellness) position for Burke and Divide counties has been opened. If you or someone you know is qualified and may be interested please pass this information on.
The minimum educational qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in human development, family & consumer sciences, education, health & nutrition, gerontology, or a related field. This is a very broad area and is open to someone who may be graduating in the spring of 2023.
Please take some time to review the included position description and consider yourself or someone you know as potential candidates. Salary is commensurate with experience. The position includes a great benefits plan with a good retirement contribution by the state and a fully paid family health insurance plan.
The Extension agent will work collaboratively with a team of Extension, research professionals, county residents, and leaders to provide science-informed education, collaboration, and facilitation for the family and community wellness and 4-H youth development programs in Burke and Divide Counties. This is a full-time position serving Burke and Divide Counties. The primary workstation for this position will be either the NDSU Extension-Divide County office located in Crosby, ND or the NDSU Extenson-Burke County office located in Bowbells, ND. Supervision is provided by the Extension district director serving Burke and Divide Counties.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance an effective family and community wellness program that supports the growth and development of healthy, sustainable communities, families, and individuals. Programming may include adult development and aging, family and community health, wellness, and nutrition for adult and youth audiences.
- Successful Extension programs require agents to:
– Conduct needs assessment and issue identification that result in programs based on the needs of county residents.
– Interpret and integrate pertinent research information into educational programs.
– Develop expertise in subject matter competency area(s)
– Plan, implement, deliver and evaluate educational programs.
– Market and share the impact of programming through mass and social media.
- Provide education and co-leadership for major county programs in 4-H and respective family and community wellness 4-H areas, in collaboration with the office team.